Stephanie Troy, Transition Year.
1) The Holocaust was the persecution of the Jews under the Nazi empire. Anti-Semitism is a term used to describe prejudice against or hostility towards Jews.
2)Three reasons why the Jews weren’t liked in Germany in the 1930’s are:
-Hitler believed the Jews killed Jesus therefore hated them, he then brainwashed the German people to believe this.
-The Jews were blamed by most people for just about everything. They were blamed for poverty and other things they had no control over.
-Hitler wanted to create a pure Aryan race which meant everybody had to be tall, have blonde hair, blue eyes and a pointy nose. The Jews did not have any of these characteristics.
3) Hitlers propaganda posters:
4) Some quotes from ‘’Mein Kampf’’ that show Hitler hated the Jews:
- ‘’The personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew.’’
- ‘’I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of theLord.’’
5) Jews wearing the star of David so people knew they were Jewish everywhere they went.
6) The largest ghetto in Poland during these times was the Warsaw ghetto it consisted of over 400,000 Jewish people. The conditions were awful. Many people were starving. The rooms were overcrowded and dirty.
7) The Jewish were sent to concentration camps after the ghettos. Some famous concentration camps are Auschwitz, and Krakow. These are three concentration camps that were based in Poland.